Sunday, May 24, 2009

I love being a MOM !

So, I've been tagged again, by Reflections. But this time, its something close to my heart and brings such warmth thinking about it, that I am feeling sad that I should write ONLY 5 things I love being a Mom. If I my list goes beyond 5, I am not responsible, its the motherly instincts that have taken over me. OK !

1. First of all, I am so proud being a Mom, as I had created two wonderful lives inside me and when I look upon them now, so grown up (my daughters are teenagers) and taller than me, sometimes I choke with tears.

2. When ever my S starts telling my girls about his childhood days, my daughters call me and ask "Really, Mom ? Is that so?" Even for my husband's childhood stories (of which I was never a part of), the YES stamp has to come from me. When I point it out to them, they refuse to believe (even now, when they are little grown up) anything, without my nod. That kind of blind belief on me, makes me strive harder to be a better mother than what I am now.

3. The quiet afternoons on the bed, spent with my daughters, listening to their stories about friends, about their ideas of life, silly questions about sex, birth and my attempt at answering those without lying to them - those are such wonderful moments to die for. That is a time of realisation for me, on how much my daughters value my advice. I am absolutely delighted to be a part of their lives in moulding their careers, personality, behaviour - actually I am proud to be their MOM.

4. Those proud moments when my daughters gets appreciated in school for outstanding performance and when the teachers call us up and applaud for being gifted with such wonderful daughters - Oh! I am blessed to be a mother of these 2 girls.

5. When I am being credited for the creative skills which my daughter has inherited, I am elated. Sometimes, I can see that my daughters are desperately trying to do things the way I do. That is another proud moment to be a mother.

6. My life's best award was given by my daughters, when they go ooh hoo aah haa over my cooking. My little one always says that I should have been a Chef at a 5 star hotel for the way I am cooking or I should start my Cooking Show (like Nigella Lawson). Imagine being placed on par with Nigella !!! My girls favourite slogan goes like - Taste mein best, Mummy aur ..... (whatever dish they are eating right then).

7. Those moments when the girls ask me to repeat their childhood stories - again and again and again - make me a proud mother, but we've never got bored with the stories. The best times are also when we look through our photo album when my girls were in diapers.

8. When I being tightly hugged by both my girls, kissed on the cheek and flowered with the title - Mom, you are the best ! This is one moment which cannot equate my entire life on earth.

I think this list might just be going on, as there are many more moments to share. But, since this is a tag, I stop here convinced that Motherhood is indeed the greatest pedestal to be, indeed.

13 comments:

Kelvy said...

ohh that so sweet...good to know that u r enjoying ur motherhood so much...its indeed a blessing to get good kids who think the world of u...

UmaS said...

Thanks Enigma !
Yes, I do thank God for blessing me with 2 wonderful daughters !

Butterfly said...

Umis, While u r the best, I think ur kids are awesome too. And all the credits go to u. Too bad they were not naughty when they were younger. Then u wud have some tips for me on how to handle mine. :D

Reflections said...

Ur pride & love for ur daughters shines through so beautifully.

LOL at #2.......we used to do the same with my mother:-)).

Thanking for taking up the Tag!!!!!

UmaS said...

Hey Bins, Thank u.
Actually there is a world of difference between the kids born before the millenium and after that. Now a days, kids are too smart, mischievious and very fast.

Nancy : "Thanks for taking the tag" - You bet - I would love to take up tags like this. I even loved doing the Random facts tag.

A said...

Beautiful, Umas.

UmaS said...

Thank u, Agnes !

Unknown said...

hi ma,
tats so sweet of u
not only 4 tis , but 4 all
urs SHALINI SRINIVASAN

UmaS said...

Ah! I am so happy and extremely proud for that comment, Shalu.

I am on Cloud 9, reading this comment from my daughter.

Swaram said...

Hey Uma,

Lovely lovely post and how nice to see a comment from ur daughter. On top of the world rt? Gr8 dear :)

UmaS said...

Absolutely Swaram ! And Thank you so much for your sweet words.

My daughter made my day (Actually, its everyday, becos I read it so many times in a day) !!!

Solilo said...

Uma, That's so beautiful and sweet. On top of that your daughter commented too. 2 precious daughters.

UmaS said...

Absolutely Solilo, two precious daughters, who have made my life worth while to live !!! Thanks.