Friday, December 12, 2008

Found my long lost friends !

I am on the net, 8.30am, in the site of bsnl chennai enquiry. Trying to locate a phone no is no big deal, using the bsnl enquiry, if u know a name or address. But without knowing both name or address, I am desperately looking into all the names and phone nos, which might resemble my need of the hour.
Let me clear the cloud. I am looking out for my friends, Janaki and Meenakshi, with whom I've spent many a wonderful day, while all of us were schooling at Childrens Garden School, Mylapore. I just remember their house too well - a two storeyed house - joint family - two brothers occupying the two floors. I can go to their house even now, I remember its exact location, the bus route - so many things, except the house no. The street name is vaguely coming back to memory, but is that enough to search for them on the net ? GOD help me.
Now, I cannot search in my friend's name, for they'll be married and gone to their own houses. So what's my friends' father's name ? I search my entire memory, in vain.
OK, next option, search for some house no and the street name, which i think is right.
Now, I've a big list in my screen, from which I just cant decide on which number should I call.
First I was confused - then I focussed my brain and decided on a few names which sounded like Hindu names.
Now, the first call - one uncle answered telling me he was quite new to that area. He cannot be the person I am looking for, as my friends are in that house of their own since the 1980s, as far as I know.
Second,third, fourth call - disappointment - they dont know anybody called Janaki or Meenakshi.
Dear GOD, Will I find them ? Actually, I am having this passionate urge to talk with them for quite sometime, and its only today I've actually made an effort.
Fifth call - BINGO ! The person who answered was Janaki's father, who was quite helpful and gave me the mobile nos of my friends.
And when I called Meenakshi, she was stunned, surprised, happy - exactly returning my feelings. And Janaki, she just couldn't believe its me, but was very very happy. And now we decide to KEEP IN TOUCH. It matters a lot, as u get older.

2 comments:

Butterfly said...

Looks like u were looking for a needle in a haystack and u found it. I can imagine the feeling. It is like getting a piece of your life back much like a lost jigsaw puzzle piece

Swaram said...

Wow! That's an ecstatic feeling rt :)