Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Golden moments !!!!

How many of us really enjoy watching the 24*7 TV music channels that telecast only the latest bollywood hits?

The songs shown are from the latest movies or the movies that are about to release shortly. Music from films released just 6 months back is considered OLD !!!!

I am not against these kind of music, actually I do like all kinds of music. But being exposed to these 24 *7 music channels day in and day out - courtesy my younger daughter - I rather felt out of touch with the film music, with which I grew up.

Then, finally, last week, I was rewarded for my patience.

One fine evening, I find myself in front of the TV, with the REMOTE in my hand, during the prime time slot 8pm - 9pm !!!!! My girls are still playing and my S has not yet got back home from work.

Wow, God has been really kind to bestow this gift on me. The REMOTE CONTROL was in my hand !!!!!

And, I was thrilled to the hilt, as I sat glued to Doordarshan's Chitrahaar. For nearly an hour, I was in a different world, which I thought never existed for me anymore. Oh! My fav songs still come on Chitrahaar. The black and white melodies, the 70s duets - OMG ! I was so happy !

And, God being the ever so kind soul, was stretching the happiness bubble for me.

As I got up early on Sunday morning to send my daughters and my S for swimming, I found myself alone with the REMOTE again. And what a timing ! I was in for a visual treat, as it was time for Doordarshan's Rangoli on Sunday mornings.

What a collection of songs !!!! WOW !!!!!
- Main naa booloonga mein naa booloongi, chandan sa bhadhan, tarif karoon kya usiki jisne tumhe banaya .............

What a treat for me ! Thank you God for creating such wonderful opportunities for me, so that I was able to watch a collection of my favourite songs, after a very very very long time.

I sincerely hope that these Golden moments will continue for me !!!

3 comments:

Butterfly said...

Seriously! That remote in the hand is total power.
I have been meaning to pen down a list of songs and movies that I have been wanting to listen or watch. Your post has inspired me. Of late, a lot of super english numbers have been playing on my lips. I SHOULD get down to it. NOW!

Reflections said...

Hah....tell me abt this!!!

When my inlaws were there I never got to watch what I wanted coz they'd always be putting 1 of their channels. When when I was working I never had the time.
NOW.....I can watch to my hearts content till 2.30 afternoon.

Ooooh the thrill of the freedom to watch whtever I want without hazaar interruptions.....:-D

UmaS said...

You know,

I HAVE THE POWER !!!!!

WHEN I'VE THE REMOTE.

DURING PRIME TIME SLOTS.